Re: shako blanks and formers/ shoes

  • MAXINE TROTTIER
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 23, 1999
      Sutlers of the Sixteen handle Robert Land's shoes. They are the most
      comfortable I own.

      Max
      Maxine Trottier
      maxitrot@...
      http://www.execulink.com/~maxitrot/maxine.htm
    • Roger Fuller
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 1999
        Many thanks to all on the List who have replied on and off List with info
        about shako making/purchasing, as well as about shoes.

        I own a pair of Robt. Land's Brit. Army shoes, round-toed, buckled,
        double-soled, with a high-tapered heel, w/heel irons, rough-side out. This
        is for the AWI 40th group I'm in, and these features are what they requested
        from him. VERY comfortable, very durable. Yes, I run in them, if you can
        believe that!

        There is also a cordwainer at Olde Sturbridge Village near me (we are
        members there) named Peter Oakley who is apparently quite good. Has anyone
        here ever worn his products?

        Instead of making the shako blanks ourselves (I've got enough to do at the
        moment), we'll buy them from somebody else.

        Roger
        3/95th (Rifles)