Re: [War Of 1812] Steve Abolt  was  41st lecture series

  • HQ93rd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2007
      In a message dated 4/30/07 8:24:06 AM, larrylozon@... writes:

      > - Some of his men will drive from Texas to Fort Niagara to attend the
      > Grand Tactical. There are some re-enactors who will not drive more
      > than two hours and will not cross the American/Canadian border. Can
      > we expect to have US Regulars from the USA if we are not willing to
      > travel to their re-enactments?

      California.....ahem.

      93rd SHRoFLHU
      www.93rdhighlanders.com
      THE Thin Red Line

    • larrylozon
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2007
        HQ93rd wrote:

        larrylozon writes:

        - Some ... men will drive from Texas to Fort Niagara to attend the
        Grand Tactical.

        B writes:

        California.....ahem.

        Mr. B,

        Does this indicate you and yours will be travelling from California
        to attend the 1812 Grand Tactical at Fort Niagara July 21-22
        as Captain Gilmour (Royal Engineers) does?

        Yrs.,
        L2
      • annbwass@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2007
          In a message dated 5/2/2007 1:45:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          HQ93rd@... writes:

          There are some re-enactors who will not drive more
          > than two hours and will not cross the American/Canadian border. Can
          > we expect to have US Regulars from the USA if we are not willing to
          > travel to their re-enactments?

          Still trying to entice more British/Canadians to come commemorate the Battle
          of Bladensburg at Riversdale. I know it is too late for 2007, and 2008 you
          all will be coming to the Grand Tactical in southern Maryland in
          September--but think 2009 and beyond, and especially 2014, the 200th anniversary of this
          GREAT BRITISH VICTORY!!!

          Ann Wass
          Riverdale House Museum
          Riverdale Park, Maryland

          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2007
            In a message dated 5/2/2007 9:18:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
            annbwass@... writes:

            I know it is too late for 2007, and 2008 you
            all will be coming to the Grand Tactical in southern Maryland in
            September--but think 2009 and beyond, and especially 2014, the 200th
            anniversary of this
            GREAT BRITISH VICTORY!!!

            Ann,

            It is never too late to celebrate a British victory!!!!! Keep asking.

            JG/RE