Re: Reporter at Ft York

  • John McGarry
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      Speaking of which, the following was found by searching "Fort York"
      on the Globe&Mail website:

      "WEEKENDS
      KIRA VERMOND

      Charge!

      Toronto

      Fort York gives the term "weekend warrior" new meaning when it hosts
      its annual battle school. People with a penchant for jabbing and
      firing muskets can hone their skills to prepare for the military re-
      enactment season. The public are encouraged to look on as the players
      practise drills and learn how to safely fire muskets and pretend to
      fight.

      Cost: $6 for adults, $3 for children."

      John McGarry
      Lt.Coy., 1st Foot
      (trying to figure out if having a penchant for jabbing is a bad thing)

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Chris McKay" <PrivateCannon@...>