Happy Birthday, Iron Duke...

  • Iain Burns
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      Gentlemen;
      Let each of us raise a glass and cheer our beloved Iron Duke; Arthur,
      Lord Wellington; Slayer of Frenchmen, Savior of Europe, and Gaoler of Old
      Boney... on this, his birthday!
      It is said (by some) that Napoleon was the greatest general in
      history... yet our "Old Nosey" beat his armies, and ground him to a halt.
      So what does that make Wellington if he triumphed over "the best"?
      Aye,
      Iain
    • Peter Catley
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        Lucky? :-)

        It is his 238th Anniversary, believed born in Dublin. So Colin, raise
        your glass to your countryman, although he would never acknowledge his
        connection with Ireland.

        Cheers

        P**

      • BritcomHMP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2007
          In a message dated 01/05/2007 11:11:50 Central Standard Time,
          peter.catley@... writes:

          It is his 238th Anniversary, believed born in Dublin. So Colin, raise
          your glass to your countryman, although he would never acknowledge his
          connection with Ireland.

          He didn't mind the connection with the country, it was the suggestion he was
          an Irishman he disputed.

          "If one is born in a stable that does not make one a horse!"

          Cheers

          Tim (who has never got over missing playing him at the right age when
          Waterloo 2000 was cancelled!)