Re: Reporter at Ft York

  • Chris McKay
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 6:22 AM
      Thanks, Peter.

      Sorry for the confusion. It was the reporter at Fort York that I was
      asking about. I'm curious about what her impression of our talk was.

      Chris

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "peter monahan" <petemonahan@...>
      wrote:

      > Chris
      >
      > I understand from speaking with one of the Fort staff that the
      reporter
      > was from the Toronto Globe and Mail (official Tory newspaper of the
      > center of the universe). I would surmise, from the time she spent
      with
      > us that she is planning an essay/article for the weekend edition -
      > perhaps in travel.
      >
      > My father, who remarked somewhat sneeringly that "The Globe is doing
      > entertainment now!", has promised to keep an eye out for anything she
      > may write. I'll let you know if it shows up!
      >
      > Peter

    • John McGarry
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 9:58 AM
        Speaking of which, the following was found by searching "Fort York"
        on the Globe&Mail website:

        "WEEKENDS
        KIRA VERMOND

        Charge!

        Toronto

        Fort York gives the term "weekend warrior" new meaning when it hosts
        its annual battle school. People with a penchant for jabbing and
        firing muskets can hone their skills to prepare for the military re-
        enactment season. The public are encouraged to look on as the players
        practise drills and learn how to safely fire muskets and pretend to
        fight.

        Cost: $6 for adults, $3 for children."

        John McGarry
        Lt.Coy., 1st Foot
        (trying to figure out if having a penchant for jabbing is a bad thing)

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Chris McKay" <PrivateCannon@...>