Reporter at Ft York

  • peter monahan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      Chris

      I understand from speaking with one of the Fort staff that the reporter
      was from the Toronto Globe and Mail (official Tory newspaper of the
      center of the universe). I would surmise, from the time she spent with
      us that she is planning an essay/article for the weekend edition -
      perhaps in travel.

      My father, who remarked somewhat sneeringly that "The Globe is doing
      entertainment now!", has promised to keep an eye out for anything she
      may write. I'll let you know if it shows up!

      Peter
    • Chris McKay
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        Thanks, Peter.

        Sorry for the confusion. It was the reporter at Fort York that I was
        asking about. I'm curious about what her impression of our talk was.

        Chris

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "peter monahan" <petemonahan@...>
        wrote:

        > Chris
        >
        > I understand from speaking with one of the Fort staff that the
        reporter
        > was from the Toronto Globe and Mail (official Tory newspaper of the
        > center of the universe). I would surmise, from the time she spent
        with
        > us that she is planning an essay/article for the weekend edition -
        > perhaps in travel.
        >
        > My father, who remarked somewhat sneeringly that "The Globe is doing
        > entertainment now!", has promised to keep an eye out for anything she
        > may write. I'll let you know if it shows up!
        >
        > Peter

      • John McGarry
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2007
          Speaking of which, the following was found by searching "Fort York"
          on the Globe&Mail website:

          "WEEKENDS
          KIRA VERMOND

          Charge!

          Toronto

          Fort York gives the term "weekend warrior" new meaning when it hosts
          its annual battle school. People with a penchant for jabbing and
          firing muskets can hone their skills to prepare for the military re-
          enactment season. The public are encouraged to look on as the players
          practise drills and learn how to safely fire muskets and pretend to
          fight.

          Cost: $6 for adults, $3 for children."

          John McGarry
          Lt.Coy., 1st Foot
          (trying to figure out if having a penchant for jabbing is a bad thing)

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Chris McKay" <PrivateCannon@...>