Washington at Princeton

  • Dale Woodward
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12, 2007
      Hi Everyone www.delawarerivergallery.com
      <http://www.delawarerivergallery.com>

      Just a quick note. I know this is not war of 1812 material, but Don
      Troiani just came out with a new print, "Washington At Princeton". I am
      attaching a link to our web site if you would like to look at it.
      www.delawarerivergallery.com <http://www.delawarerivergallery.com>

      Thanks

      Dale

    • larrylozon
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 12, 2007
        "Dale Woodward" wrote:

        "... Don Troiani just came out with a new print..."

        Don does wonderful art work!
        It's too bad he doesn't do 1812

        I just received a super print of Peter Rindlisbacher's newest
        rendering of a ship being built at Fort York

        Smashing!

        You can contact Peter at: rindli (at) xplornet.com

        Yrs.,
        L2
      • Dale Woodward
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 25, 2007
          That is a good point, Don Hasn't printed an 1812 print that I know of.
          But , just to let you know he is working on a large Battle of New
          Orleans painting right now. It may be a print in the not to distant
          future. www.delawarerivergallery.com
          <http://www.delawarerivergallery.com>

          Dale--- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "larrylozon" <larrylozon@...>
          wrote:

          > "Dale Woodward" wrote:
          >
          > "... Don Troiani just came out with a new print..."
          >

          > Don does wonderful art work!
          > It's too bad he doesn't do 1812
          >
          > I just received a super print of Peter Rindlisbacher's newest
          > rendering of a ship being built at Fort York
          >
          > Smashing!
          >
          > You can contact Peter at: rindli (at) xplornet.com
          >
          > Yrs.,
          > L2

        • Dale Kidd
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25, 2007
            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "larrylozon" <larrylozon@...> wrote:
            > I just received a super print of Peter Rindlisbacher's newest
            > rendering of a ship being built at Fort York

            Larry:

            I've yet to see Peter's latest work, and it sounds very interesting,
            especially as I am heavily involved in putting together the Provincial
            Marine's fledgling York Detachment at this time. I was actually under
            the impression that the York Shipyard was in fact some distance from
            the Fort, but I am sure Peter would have a better idea of this than I.
            Can you tell me any more about the print you received? The
            frigate 'General Brock' was under construction at York when the
            Americans raided, and was burned (apparently by the retreating British)
            during that event. Do you know if that is the ship depicted?

            Thanks,
            ~Dale
          • larrylozon
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 25, 2007
              "Dale Kidd" wrote:

              Larry: I've yet to see Peter's latest work, ... Can you tell me any
              more about the print ..."

              Dale

              Why not contact
              Peter Rindlisbacher
              rindli(at)xplornet.com

              He has note cards with the painting on the cover

              Yrs.,
              L2
            • James Yaworsky
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 25, 2007
                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "larrylozon" <larrylozon@...> wrote:

                > "Dale Kidd" wrote:
                >
                > Larry: I've yet to see Peter's latest work, ... Can you tell me any
                > more about the print ..."
                >

                > Dale
                >
                > Why not contact
                > Peter Rindlisbacher
                > rindli(at)xplornet.com
                >
                > He has note cards with the painting on the cover
                >
                > Yrs.,
                > L2

                I believe (going from memory) the print shows a ship on the stocks,
                from the ground & fairly close-up, so it looms overhead. It is
                winter, looks damnably cold out, and nobody's working on it. One
                figure appears to be standing sentry. The view is south, over the
                harbour, so there are no buildings. Peter used it for his Xmas card
                this last year - he does a "winter" scene for this purpose every year...

                Jim Yaworsky
                41st
              • larrylozon
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 25, 2007
                  "James Yaworsky" wrote:

                  I believe (going from memory) ... One figure appears to be standing
                  sentry.

                  Actually the figure is an Officer (Chapeau Bras, sword eppaullette)
                  I doubt if he would stand sentry

                  I still suggest all interested should contact Peter Rindlisbacher
                  his address is at http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
                  His prices are reasonable

                  I believe the print is also available at Fot. Malden

                  Yrs.,
                  L2
                • larrylozon
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 1, 2012