Re: Ft George Event

  • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 1999
      In a message dated 1/15/99 6:39:49 PM Central Standard Time,
      viking04@... writes:

      << My great fear is that other
      secrets are about to be revealed, the revelation of which may cause
      irrepairable harm to
      the tranquility of the barracks. Obviously, something must be done about
      this before
      it gets totally out of hand. Suggestions are not only welcome, but needed.

      Yours in defence of hard won priviledges and status:

      Punkinhead (who was a Lance, the last time he checked)
      21t Foot

      Tim, the above is in total jest (as long as you divulge no more secrets and
      retract your last statement as a sudden attack of fever. *G*) >>

      Never let it be said that I am unresponsive to the pleas of my men. I am even
      now penning a request to the Horseguards that the pay of Corporals serving in
      the Canadas be reduced to 2/3 that of Lance Corporals so that I can inform the
      good lady that, notwithstanding my previous statements, her husband is in fact
      being totally honest with her. Please be assured that as this innovation is
      posted in every barracks on the American Station your name will be affixed
      thereunto that the other men will be able to give you due praise and credit
      for this munificent contribution to the coffers of His Majesties Forces.
      Perhaps the fever will pass before I have this posted, and then again.....

      (If you are aspiring to high office in the Army may I suggest you aquire a
      copy of 'The Prince'?)

      Yrs aye TP Lt Gnl
    • stein@xxxxxxx.xxx.xxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 1999
        Dear Mistress Lynda,

        I echo the sentiments of General Pickles regarding the odd
        discrepancy between what your companion is paid and what he hands over. I
        would suggest that YOU attend pay parade and assist him with his financial
        activities. Speak softly but carry a big stick.

        If it is washing you desire i am sure that the 42RHRA can provide
        all you can cope with. A battle and 14 hours in the pub does remarkable
        things to the inside of a kilt. Accordingly we have bundled up 50 of them
        and dispatched them with Federal Express across the Pacific. The man who
        collected them said that you would be paying the postage and that seemed
        fair to us.

        So when may we expect them returned? At present we have a half
        company drilling in bonnet, coatee, and green plastic garbage bags.
        Functional, but a jarring sight.

        I shal await your next posting eagerly.

        Lt. Stein

        PS: I wonder if you could elaborate a little on those extra services that
        you mentioned after the Officer's dinner. Does this include .....doing the
        dishes?