Fwd: War of 1812 Bicentennial Resolution

  • John Sek
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
      The below message will be of interest to all.

      regards,

      John Sek

      This is a forwarded message
      From: Munro, Julia <julia.munro@...>
      To: <PotterRsp@...>, <westhouse@...>, <jsek@...>, <fofy@...>, <hhp@...>, <johnsonue@...>, <thedragoon@...>, <nhs@...>, <olshoes@...>, <dohara@...>, <ohs@...>, <tfpo@...>, <ont.fort-malden@...>, <ont.wellington@...>, <ont-niagara@...>, <ortheris@...>
      Date: Monday, April 2, 2007, 10:11:51 AM
      Subject: War of 1812 Bicentennial Resolution

      Re: Julia Munro, MPP

      ����� War of 1812
      Bicentennial Resolution

      Just a reminder that the resolution is coming up for
      debate this Thursday, April 5 from 11 AM to noon in the Legislature at Queen #8217;s
      Park. If anyone would like to come and attend there should be plenty of seating
      in the public galleries. The Legislature debates another bill from 10 to 11 and
      then votes on both the bills at noon. Call us if you need any directions or
      assistance. Please feel free to pass this message on, and if you or your group
      would like to be recognized by Mrs. Munro when she speaks please let us know on
      Thursday.

      Regards

      David Lancaster

      Legislative Assistant

      416-325-3392

    • Ian Gardner
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2007
        Passed first reading unanimously. Watching from the Peanut Gallery at
        Queen's Park, it's truly breath-taking just how some politicians can
        suck the life right out of a subject given half a chance.

        Ian

        From: Munro, Julia <julia.munro@...>
        To: <PotterRsp@...>, <westhouse@...>, <jsek@...>,
        <fofy@...>, <hhp@...>, <johnsonue@...>,
        <thedragoon@...>, <nhs@...>, <olshoes@...>,
        <dohara@...>, <ohs@...>,
        <tfpo@...>, <ont.fort-malden@...>,
        <ont.wellington@...>, <ont-niagara@...>,
        <ortheris@...>
        Date: Monday, April 2, 2007, 10:11:51 AM

[...]

        War of 1812 Living History:
        A wide-ranging information exchange
        for all participants and supporters

        Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
        American Forces Unit Listing
        http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Ian Gardner
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2007
          While I posted about the Ontario Provincial private member's bill, I
          guess I should've been considering the proximity to election time.
          Unfortunately, this sucker'll die on the order paper when the provincial
          election's called, well before the bill even gets to second reading let
          alone bill stage.

          Might I suggest that those on this board who happen to be Ontario
          residents try to ride herd on their local MPP candidates to bring this
          up ASAP once the election's over? Time's a'wastin'!

          Ian

          From: Munro, Julia <julia.munro@ <mailto:julia.munro%40pc.ola.org>
          pc.ola.org>
          To: <PotterRsp@aol. <mailto:PotterRsp%40aol.com> com>,
          <westhouse@sympatico <mailto:westhouse%40sympatico.ca> .ca>,
          <jsek@... <mailto:jsek%40iaw.com> >,
          <fofy@sympatico. <mailto:fofy%40sympatico.ca> ca>, <hhp@...
          <mailto:hhp%40hhp.on.ca> >, <johnsonue@sympatico
          <mailto:johnsonue%40sympatico.ca> .ca>,
          <thedragoon@bellnet. <mailto:thedragoon%40bellnet.ca> ca>, <nhs@niagara.
          <mailto:nhs%40niagara.com> com>, <olshoes@hotmail.
          <mailto:olshoes%40hotmail.com> com>,
          <dohara@toronto. <mailto:dohara%40toronto.ca> ca>, <ohs@ontariohistoric
          <mailto:ohs%40ontariohistoricalsociety.ca> alsociety.ca>,
          <tfpo@... <mailto:tfpo%40total.net> >, <ont.fort-malden@
          <mailto:ont.fort-malden%40pc.gc.ca> pc.gc.ca>,
          <ont.wellington@ <mailto:ont.wellington%40pc.gc.ca> pc.gc.ca>,
          <ont-niagara@ <mailto:ont-niagara%40pc.gc.ca> pc.gc.ca>,
          <ortheris@rogers. <mailto:ortheris%40rogers.com> com>
          Date: Monday, April 2, 2007, 10:11:51 AM

[...]