Re: [War Of 1812] Re: today's picture - aerial Fort York & Environs

  • roy winders
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2007
      Lets hear it for those Poles eh ?

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Dale Kidd <ucpm_gunner@...>
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 2, 2007 7:36:19 PM
      Subject: [War Of 1812] Re: today's picture - aerial Fort York & Environs

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogrou ps.com, "James Yaworsky" <yawors1@... > wrote:
      > It's a fortuitous combination of developmental circumstances that
      have
      > done the trick and created a great opportunity for Toronto to further
      > polish up its gem!

      And polish it they shall, if their plans prove out. They have numerous
      new construction projects planned over the next several years, with
      the intention of recreating several more of the fort's c. 1812
      buildings. If all goes well, and the funding all comes through as
      expected, we can look forward to a wonderful showpiece by the time he
      bicentennial of the American attack rolls around in 2013.

      Now if only we could figure out a way to reflood everything south of
      the fort so that we can reenact the landings to it's west properly.
      (It's not like we really NEED any of what's down along that waterfront
      anyway.....)

      ~Dale