today's website picture - 41st "20th Anniversary" dinner, March 24, Stoney Creek

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29 8:10 AM
      Today's picture is a panoramic view of part of the banqueting room
      where the 20th Anniversary Dinner of the 41st Regiment of Foot
      Military Living History Group (yeah, that's our full formal name) was
      held at the Old Powerhouse Restaurant in Stoney Creek, last Saturday,
      March 24.

      Unfortunately, I don't have a photo that does full justice to the
      scene - it was a fairly big (and completely full) room. But hopefully
      the picture gives an impression of what it was like. The room itself
      had very much a Regency air about it. I believe there were 72 persons
      in attendance and 1812 personalities from both sides of the border can
      be seen in the photo.

      Kudos to Ray Hobbs and Tom Fournier for organizing this memorable affair.

      Jim Yaworsky
      Moderator
      Member: 41st