yahoo glitch tonight? group "photo"

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2007
      I will risk a post here, in hopes that it won't be repeated numerous
      times... this is because it appears that the glitch we are seeing is
      perhaps specific to John Harris' service provider vs yahoo...

      A message will appear shortly from a list member who wonders where the
      "nuit blanche" photo is. This photo was on the group's home page on
      the yahoo groups webpage (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/warof1812)
      yesterday. It was never sent out as an attachment to a message from
      the group. The photo was replaced today by the British spy's map of
      Fort Detroit in January 1812.

      Attachments are not allowed on Warof1812 posts, to lessen the chances
      of virus transmission, and in consideration of many list members who
      have slow-speed internet connections.

      Any photos that are referred to in warof1812 group posts are therefore
      either on the home page, or in the "photos" section that is accessed
      via the home page. Or, are posted to a list member's own website, in
      which case, the url on how to find the photo should appear in the message.

      If list members desire, I can upload the group photo (which I am
      changing every few days) to a section in the "photos" for review. I
      would create a folder called "daily photo" or something similar. The
      "nuit blanche" photo, for example, is now not on the group's yahoo
      website - anywhere!

      Hope this makes sense!

      Jim Yaworsky
      Moderator