Re: Ft George Event

  • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 1999
      In a message dated 1/14/99 4:10:37 PM Central Standard Time, leopold@...
      writes:

      << And let me tell you, my husband's demotion from Lance to plain ol' cpl. did
      precious little for our pocketbooks. I can use all the help I can get! >>

      Dear Lady,
      I fear you good husband may be being less than truthful with
      you, you are obviously ignorant of the fact that Lance Corporal, or Chosen Man
      as it is usually called is the lowest non commissioned rank and that his
      attaining the rank of Corporal is in fact a promotion! I am grieved that he
      seems to be withholding from you monies which I have no doubt the paymaster is
      furnishing to him. It greves me that any member of my Brigade would treat an
      obviously devoted wife in such a manner and you may be assured that I will
      inform his Commanding Officer forthwith.

      In conclusion I can only say that I will do my best to provide you with as
      much washing as I and the Staff can produce.

      I remain madam

      T. Pickles Lt. General
    • DM Carpenter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 1999
        Time for an OR (other ranks)conference...

        Fellow non-landed gentry types.
        As evidenced below, LTG Pickles has apparently taken it upon himself to reveal our secrets and to inform the females of the truth about pay. My great fear is that other
        secrets are about to be revealed, the revelation of which may cause irrepairable harm to
        the tranquility of the barracks. Obviously, something must be done about this before
        it gets totally out of hand. Suggestions are not only welcome, but needed.

        Yours in defence of hard won priviledges and status:

        Punkinhead (who was a Lance, the last time he checked)
        21t Foot

        Tim, the above is in total jest (as long as you divulge no more secrets and retract your last statement as a sudden attack of fever. *G*)

      • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 1999
          In a message dated 1/15/99 6:39:49 PM Central Standard Time,
          viking04@... writes:

          << My great fear is that other
          secrets are about to be revealed, the revelation of which may cause
          irrepairable harm to
          the tranquility of the barracks. Obviously, something must be done about
          this before
          it gets totally out of hand. Suggestions are not only welcome, but needed.

          Yours in defence of hard won priviledges and status:

          Punkinhead (who was a Lance, the last time he checked)
          21t Foot

          Tim, the above is in total jest (as long as you divulge no more secrets and
          retract your last statement as a sudden attack of fever. *G*) >>

          Never let it be said that I am unresponsive to the pleas of my men. I am even
          now penning a request to the Horseguards that the pay of Corporals serving in
          the Canadas be reduced to 2/3 that of Lance Corporals so that I can inform the
          good lady that, notwithstanding my previous statements, her husband is in fact
          being totally honest with her. Please be assured that as this innovation is
          posted in every barracks on the American Station your name will be affixed
          thereunto that the other men will be able to give you due praise and credit
          for this munificent contribution to the coffers of His Majesties Forces.
          Perhaps the fever will pass before I have this posted, and then again.....

          (If you are aspiring to high office in the Army may I suggest you aquire a
          copy of 'The Prince'?)

          Yrs aye TP Lt Gnl
        • stein@xxxxxxx.xxx.xxxxxxxxx)
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 16, 1999
            Dear Mistress Lynda,

            I echo the sentiments of General Pickles regarding the odd
            discrepancy between what your companion is paid and what he hands over. I
            would suggest that YOU attend pay parade and assist him with his financial
            activities. Speak softly but carry a big stick.

            If it is washing you desire i am sure that the 42RHRA can provide
            all you can cope with. A battle and 14 hours in the pub does remarkable
            things to the inside of a kilt. Accordingly we have bundled up 50 of them
            and dispatched them with Federal Express across the Pacific. The man who
            collected them said that you would be paying the postage and that seemed
            fair to us.

            So when may we expect them returned? At present we have a half
            company drilling in bonnet, coatee, and green plastic garbage bags.
            Functional, but a jarring sight.

            I shal await your next posting eagerly.

            Lt. Stein

            PS: I wonder if you could elaborate a little on those extra services that
            you mentioned after the Officer's dinner. Does this include .....doing the
            dishes?