Re: [War Of 1812] Conference 2007

  • glenn stott
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2007
      Dear List,
      Hats off to all the organizers, sutlers, presenters and participants at this year's Living History Conference. The workshops I attended were excellent and Rick Green was terrific. What a beginning to our season of living history!

      Glenn Stott,
      Royal Scots, Light Company

    • Susan Spencer
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
        My thanks to everyone who turned out for the Conference! It was, as
        Glenn says, a terrific start for the season! It was wonderful to see
        everyone, and to catch up on your winter's activities and news. I was
        very impressed by the amount of sewing that has been going on while the
        snow has been flying. So many people had new kit to show off . . . you
        looked great!

        Thanks also to my partners in crime (aka the rest of the committee) -- a
        job well done all around. Thanks for all of your hard work.

        And to the participating merchants and display booths, thanks for your
        hard work also! I am so impressed by the new merchandise that folks are
        showing -- it's wonderful to see people making a real effort to ratchet
        up their authenticity levels and to find new cool stuff. I had tons of
        comments on how great the place looked. Well done! Huzzah!

        Three cheers all around, and now onwards to Kalamazooooooooo . . .

        -- Sioux

        glenn stott wrote:

        > Dear List,
        > Hats off to all the organizers, sutlers, presenters and participants
        > at this year's Living History Conference. The workshops I attended
        > were excellent and Rick Green was terrific. What a beginning to our
        > season of living history!
        >
        > Glenn Stott,
        > Royal Scots, Light Company

      • Ian Gardner
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
          Seconded with enthusiasm. The cross-section of speakers and topics were
          well worth the price of admission. Congratulations to Dave Brunelle and
          all who were involved behind the scenes

          Ian

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
            There are some pictures on the Living History Conferenceb website:

            http://livinghistoryconference.com

            More to come...

            Bill
          • Dave Westhouse
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
              Good job everyone who worked on the conference. Always a challenge to
              work on something so hard and wonder if it will all come together.

              Nice place to hold the event.

              The presenters were all top notch. Well done all.

              Dave and Karen Westhouse,
              1st (Royal Scots) Regiment