Re: War of 1812 commemoration

  • Dave Westhouse
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2007
      Greetings again,

      Received today the same letter as Bruce did from the same MPP
      although she is not mine. I blanket emailed many in the government as
      many suggested.

      Now what do you say to this? Lots of comments so far, but what is the
      government to do to support the bicentenial?

      There have been many battles or events suggested that don't even
      exist today. Who would hold them or want to?

      I have to ponder what I would say to her. So far I don't see a
      consensus amongst ourselves as to what to do. Most of us are just
      hobbiests and not in the trade of historical sites or tourism except
      a few who I will not name. The major sites that were 1812 and
      currently hold events should recieve addtional help to make a good
      show of it in my mind.

      I'll ponder this one and continue to read on.

      Dave Westhouse,
      1st (Royal Scots) Regiment.

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "J.Bruce Whittaker" <ortheris@...>