Living History Conference - Only Days Away!!

    The Living History Conference and Trade Show 2007, March 2nd & 3rd is only four days away and if you are planning to attend please register on-line ASAP. Some
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2007
      The Living History Conference and Trade Show 2007, March 2nd & 3rd is
      only four days away and if you are planning to attend please register
      on-line ASAP.
      Some highlights of the event include:

      Key Note Speaker - Canadian Celebrity "Rick Green" presents:

      of the award-winning and critically acclaimed series History
      Bites, presents a lively, humorous talk about the behind the scenes of the
      show--from the creativity required to working with a small budget, to
      official inquiries into the show's contents and the death threats from angry
      viewers. Rick talks about the limits of television as a teaching tool and
      suggests the widespread perception that History is 'boring' is an inevitable
      outcome of how history has been taught. Rick offers an eye-opening account
      of how this unique series actually made it to air, and how, in the process,
      it transformed his view of the past, present, and future. With insights
      into television, history, and the current state of the world, Rick reveals
      how a dark, comedic series actually turned him into an unabashed optimist.

      Friday Night Pub Social Featuring:

      Caber Toss - Celtic/Rock Live Period Entertainment &

      The Great Canadian Trivia Team Challenge

      Don't miss our pub night and social on Friday evening March 2nd at Harry's
      Bar located within the Double Tree Hotel & Conference Centre. We have a
      great Rock/Celtic band "Caber Toss" lined up for entertainment as well as
      the Great Canadian Trivia Challenge so get your trivia teams together and
      test your knowledge for great prizes and good times.

      Twenty Great Historical Seminars to Choose From

      We have put together a great line-up of seminars being presented by
      respected historians and researchers. Come learn about Life in Upper Canada
      and Victorian Times, period clothing, language, behind the scenes of Pirates
      of the Caribbean, Information on the planned War of 1812 Bi-Centennial
      Celebrations, Music Workshops, Education Programs and WWI Re-enacting just
      to name a few. For a full listing and description of the seminars being
      presented please visit our website at: www.livinghistoryconference.com

      Over Thirty Period Merchants, Exhibits and Displays

      Our trade show area will feature period merchants selling a wide range of
      heritage, historical, and reproduction goods and wares to satisfy all your
      shopping needs. Period clothing, military accouterments, books, materials,
      patterns, knives, swords and historical souvenirs are just a few of the wide
      range of items that will be available. Our trade show area will also
      feature great exhibits and displays from re-enactment groups, historic sites
      and other historical organizations. If you are looking to join a
      re-enactment organization, learn more about various historical sites in
      Ontario or just educate yourself further by interacting with the merchants
      and exhibitors, this is the place to be.

      For a full list of merchants, exhibits and displays that will be attending
      the conference or for information on arranging space for a merchant, exhibit
      or display visit our website at: www.livinghistoryconference.com

      Free 2007 Living History Conference & Trade Show Travel Mug

      The first 150 individuals to pre-register and pay will receive a free 2007
      Living History Conference and Trade Show travelling coffee thermos mug.
      delay, register today!!

      Door Prizes and Silent Auction

      All conference participants are encouraged to come dressed in period attire.
      Those who attend in period attire will be given tickets qualifying them for
      great door prizes. We will also be having a silent auction to help raise
      funds to help off-set some conference expenses. We will have some great
      items available so bid high and bid often.

      Hotel Room Discount for Participates

      Hotel Rooms at the Doubletree Plaza Hotel have been block booked at a rate
      of $125.00 night for single or double occupancy. If you are interested in
      staying at the hotel please call to reserve your room and mention you are
      with the conference to get the discounted rate. Normal rates for the hotel
      range from $164.00 a night and up. If you are looking for hotels with lower
      rates there are many located nearby as we are close to the Toronto
      International Airport.

      Just a reminder that in order to get the special rate you need to book your
      hotel room before February 28th/07. Visit there website at:

      If you could pass this information along to your friends, co-workers,
      relatives, fellow re-enactors from all time periods, etc., it would be
      greatly appreciated. We would like to see a great turnout for this year's

      Visit our website at www.livinghistoryconference.com

      David J. Brunelle
      Business Administrator
      Historic Military Establishment of Upper Canada
      Living History Conference & Trade Show 2007