Fw: Events for 1999...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 1999
      War Of 1812 Events for 1999...

      January 9-10 New Orleans
      February 13-14 Ogdensburgh,NY
      May 1-2 Longwood
      May 15-16 Fort York
      May 29 - 31 Ft. Meigs - 1812 Garrison Weekend
      June 5-6 Stoney Creek
      June 12-13 Napoleonic wknd, Baltimore Myld...
      June 19 - 20 Muster on the Maumee ( Timeline)
      June 19-20 Fort Amherstburgh
      June 26-27 Fort Malden 1812 Garrison Weekend
      June 26-27 Chippawa to Ft. Erie - Death March
      July 3 - 4 Ft Meigs1813 Independence Celebration
      July 3-4 Ft. Niagara...French and Indian
      July 9-11 Ft. George 1812
      July 10-11 John R Park Homestead, Essex...
      July 17 - 18 Ft Meigs 2nd Siege Commemoration (1790 - 1815)
      July 17-18 Lang Pioneer Village, Peterborough...
      July 24-25 Oswego, NY
      July 31st-Aug 1st. Battle of Mackinac Island
      August 14-15 Ft. Erie "tent"(2nd full wkndAugust)
      July 17 - 18 Ft Meigs 2nd Siege Commemoration (1790 - 1815)
      August 21-22 Brownstown, Michigan
      Sept 11-12 Battle of Put-In-Bay, Ohio
      Sept 18 - 19 Ft MeigsWar of 1812 Encampment
      Sept 18-19 Backus Mills
      Oct 2-3 Battle of the Thames, Chatham
      Oct 9-10 Mississinewa, Marion, Indiana

      Does anyone have any additions to the list
      of 1812 Events ?
      If so feel free to add to the
      ever growing list and post in on your
      1812 ONEList

      Larry Lozon

      in
      Canada's Banana Belt
      (25.5" of snow to date!)

      PS: Ms. Woodley may I
      visit you for the rest of the winter?
    • Michael Somerville
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 1999
        Hi! Just reading the Events List for 1999 so far...glad to see that there
        are so many events this year!! Just a note though, I wasn't aware that
        there was gonna be yet another DEATH MARCH of the Glens from Chippawa to
        Fort Erie. As fun as it was, I advise people to start training
        early...except those Royal Newfs that (with the assitance Lefty) made it
        through with everyone....they know how much hard work it is. Also,
        recognition goes out to the Corporal of the Glens who with much training it
        definatly paid off. He is the one that initiated my training, and with good
        reason. So, just as a note...it is a VERY fun weekend...but you should get
        in shape by marching with full pack as soon as possible. Hey, the
        neighbours might stare at you funny, or the police might pull you over
        thinking that you are some 'mad man' with a shotgun. Just explain to them
        what your doing, they just probably ask you more and more questions! But
        nonetheless, you have to train....I know I will definately do it again this
        year!

        Lefty
        Pvt. , GLI
        > May 29 - 31 Ft. Meigs - 1812 Garrison Weekend
        > June 5-6 Stoney Creek
        > June 12-13 Napoleonic wknd, Baltimore Myld...
        > June 19 - 20 Muster on the Maumee ( Timeline)
        > June 19-20 Fort Amherstburgh
        > June 26-27 Fort Malden 1812 Garrison Weekend
        > June 26-27 Chippawa to Ft. Erie - Death March
        > July 3 - 4 Ft Meigs1813 Independence Celebration
        > July 3-4 Ft. Niagara...French and Indian
        > July 9-11 Ft. George 1812
        > July 10-11 John R Park Homestead, Essex...
        > July 17 - 18 Ft Meigs 2nd Siege Commemoration (1790 - 1815)
        > July 17-18 Lang Pioneer Village, Peterborough...
        > July 24-25 Oswego, NY
        > July 31st-Aug 1st. Battle of Mackinac Island
        > August 14-15 Ft. Erie "tent"(2nd full wkndAugust)
        > July 17 - 18 Ft Meigs 2nd Siege Commemoration (1790 - 1815)
        > August 21-22 Brownstown, Michigan
        > Sept 11-12 Battle of Put-In-Bay, Ohio
        > Sept 18 - 19 Ft MeigsWar of 1812 Encampment
        > Sept 18-19 Backus Mills
        > Oct 2-3 Battle of the Thames, Chatham
        > Oct 9-10 Mississinewa, Marion, Indiana
        >
        >Does anyone have any additions to the list
        >of 1812 Events ?
        > If so feel free to add to the
        >ever growing list and post in on your
        >1812 ONEList