Re: [War Of 1812] New Orleans - Upper Canada - after the War

  • Thomas Hurlbut
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5 1:25 PM
      I wrote a very long-winded response to this but decided against sending it. You should all thank me. ;-)

      I merely worry about national rivalries getting in the way of good re-enactment fun. I have put aside my own in favour of supporting the "hobby" and it has enabled me to see the "truth" more readily, but I know some who will never wear the colour of the other side because of some misplaced "pride". I just don't understand it.

      "What if's" are fun to contemplate but belong in the realm of fiction, in my opinion. Forgive me if I do not embrace them as anything more than intellectual exercises that I believe do not belong here.

      Then again, this list is for things other than 1812 re-enactment.

      My friends, I will now make use of my delete button more often and keep silent, for I would not stifle what many must feel is valuable.

      Regards,

      "Major" Tom
      25th Infantry