Re: [War Of 1812] Theft at Fortress Louisbourg

  • Gordon Deans
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
      An unknown number of antiques have been stolen at the historic
      Fortress of Louisbourg in Cape Breton on Saturday night, despite
      24-hour on-site security.

      So much for the 24-hour on-site security. However, there is also some
      good news.

      Plan to mark anniversary of British victory in 2008

      Staff at the Fortress of Louisbourg are planning for the 250th
      anniversary of the British victory in 2008. The plan is to make
      contact with the re-enactment community to have somewhere around 1,500
      people participating.

      Louisbourg, which is operated by Parks Canada, is now the largest
      reconstructed 18th-century French fortified town in North America.
      About one-quarter of the fortress has been rebuilt.

      Gord Deans
    • Len Heidebrecht
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2007
        Do we have any idea what went missing? Perhaps guns for the price of
        the metal (as happened to a monument in Oakville Ont quite recently.)
        Cheers,
        Len

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Deans" <gord.deans@...>