Living History Conference & Trade Show - March 2nd/3rd/07

  • DAVID BRUNELLE
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hello Everyone,

      Just a quick reminder that the website has been updated and the seminars
      leaders and topics have been posted for the Living History Conference and
      Trade Show taking place this Friday, March 2nd and Saturday, March 3rd/07 at
      the Doubletree International Plaza Hotel, 655 Dixon Road, Toronto, Ontario.
      For more information and to register on-line for the conference please visit
      our website at www.livinghistoryconference.com . If you have any questions
      regarding the conference please feel free to contact me anytime at
      davidbrunelle@.... Look forward to seeing everyone there!!

      David Brunelle
      LHC Organizing Committee

      Doubletree International Plaza Hotel,
      655 Dixon Road
      Toronto, Ontario
      Sponsored by:
      Historic Military Establishment of Upper Canada
      (Not-for-Profit Registered Charity)

      The Historic Military Establishment of Upper Canada is proud to announce
      that after a one year hiatus the Living History Conference and Trade Show
      will be returning to the Doubletree International Plaza Hotel in Toronto,
      Ontario on March 2nd and 3rd 2007.

      The schedule is similar to the 2005 conference with a pub social on Friday
      night including period music, period games, a history trivia contest as well
      as a great evening to reacquaint yourself with old and hopefully meet some
      new friends. Saturday will feature our key note speaker Rick Green and 20
      seminars to choose from being led by your fellow friends and peers on
      various historical topics covering times periods from the French & Indian
      War to World War I. Saturday evening will once again feature a period dinner
      and ball with period music and entertainment.

      Our trade show area will once again feature various period merchants, museum
      displays, exhibits, re-enactment recruitment displays and other related
      booths. We have booked the International Foyer area of the hotel which is
      located right in the middle of the hotel and conference areas to allow for
      maximum exposure for all trade show participants attending. We will also
      have security on Friday evening to patrol the trade show area to allow
      merchants and exhibitors to set-up on Friday after 4:00pm. Period merchants
      will be charged a small fee for setting up. All registered trade show
      participants will be featured on our website with a picture and description
      of his or her products and services available.

      We are also looking for potential partners and sponsors for the event to
      help offset the cost of operating the event. We will have various
      sponsorship packages available as well as selling ads in the conference
      brochure, flyers and on our website. We are also looking for another member
      to join our executive committee to be in charge of fundraising, grant
      applications and sponsorship for the event. If you or anyone you know has
      experience in the fundraising department and would like to be part of our
      executive committee please have them contact any member of our executive
      committee for more information.

      Our website is up and running and includes all the information you need to
      sign up and register for the event. Please check out our website daily for
      new information and updates at www.livinghistoryconference.com . We also
      have online registration for everyone who wishes to attend and payment can
      be made using your visa or MasterCard.

      The Living History Conference and Trade Show Committee presently includes:

      a.. Elizabeth Woodley-Hall, Logistics/Conference
      b.. Joe Clark, Registration/Seminar Coordinator
      c.. Bill Longo, Website Design/Maintenance
      d.. Susan Spencer, Trade Show Coordinator
      e.. David Brunelle, Business Administrator
      f.. Diane Feltoe - Registration Desk Coordinator
      Tentative fees for the 2007 Living History Conference & Trade Show include:

      a.. Conference Fee: $40.00 a person (pre-registration)
      b.. $45.00 a person (no pre-registration)
      c.. Period Banquet/Dance Fee: $45.00 a person - Cash Bar
      d.. $80.00 a couple: Cash Bar
      e.. Period Merchants Fee: $25.00 includes a 10 X 10 space
      f.. Exhibitors: Free (no selling or fundraising)
      g.. Museum Displays: Free (no selling or fundraising)
      h.. Recruitment Displays: Free (no selling or fundraising)
      Hotel Rooms at the Doubletree Plaza Hotel have been block booked at a rate
      of $125.00 night for single or double occupancy. If you are interested in
      staying at the hotel please call to reserve your room and mention you are
      with the conference to get the discounted rate. Normal rates for the hotel
      range from $164.00 a night and up. If you are looking for hotels with lower
      rates there are many located nearby as we are close to the Toronto
      International Airport. Other accommodations choices will be available on the
      website in the near future.

      Parking at the hotel is $10.00 a day.

      For lunches, snacks etc., there are five restaurants located in the
      Doubletree Plaza Hotel as well as many restaurants including Wendy's,
      Harvey's, Tim Horton's, Swiss Chalet, etc. located within a block of the
      Conference Centre itself.

      We encourage everyone to attend in period attire and they will receive a
      special draw ticket to win some great prizes. We will also be having a
      silent auction, a 50/50 draw to raise some funds for the conference and
      possibly an open public auction.

      In addition, the first 150 individuals to pre-register and pay will receive
      a free 2007 Living History Conference and Trade Show traveling coffee
      thermos mug!

      If you have any questions and suggestions for activities or ways to improve
      the conference feel free to contact us anytime and don't forget to keep
      checking the website for updates and the confirmation of seminar leaders and
      our key note speaker.

      Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

      a.. Elizabeth Woodley-Hall
      b.. David Brunelle
      c.. Joe Clark
      d.. Bill Longo
      e.. Susan Spencer
      f.. Diane Feltoe

      © Copyright 2006 livinghistoryconference.com
    • Len Heidebrecht
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2007
        I'm looking forward to attending this conference.
        Another event in the Chicago area that people might be interested in
        attending:

        http://www.reenactorfest.com/

        Cheers,

        Len