Re: [War Of 1812] Messages "Bouncing"

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2006
      If your service provider uses Spamcop (or similar) to block spammers,
      you will regularly have this trouble with anything coming from Yahoo --
      at least according to my service provider. Apparently the webwizards at
      Yahoo do not go to the "remove this server from your blacklist" service
      often enough, with the result that their machines that have been
      blacklisted by Spamcop (and probably others) stay blacklisted and all
      mail coming through those machines gets bounced by Spamcop.

      I went through a month of having to reset daily, and it was only after a
      significant amount of strongly worded e-mail to my service provider that
      the problem has now subsided somewhat. If you go to the "my email
      preferences" page in Yahoo and click on "bounce history", then forward
      that entire page to the tech support department at your service
      provider, they may be able to help you.

      Hope this helps,
      -- Sioux