Re: [War Of 1812] Adverse weather and i was recruited

  • Chris Radojewski
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 29, 2006
      From : Jim Hill <jhill@...>

      From the side lines, the Battle at Stoney this year looked fantastic.
      The rate of fire looked good and as far as recruiting goes; you should
      search in the crowd that stuck around. Tough minded or just too dumb
      to get out of the rain, good material for reenacting.

      I had been intrested in getting into this hobby since my mother took
      me to Louisburg Cape Breton. It seemed like a fun hobby. It had been a
      few years since I went to the battle of Stoney Creek and I didn't mind
      the weather. I always new that Stoney Creek was something to look
      foreword to. I was glad it didn't rain to hard as it looked like my
      friend and I were going to miss it. The battle looked better then
      ever. With it dark and misty the smoke from the guns and flashes in
      the pans were that much better. After I decided to find someone I
      could talk to about the hobby. I remember i really had to find some
      nerve to intrude as it looked like I was interupting the camp life.
      But I did not seem before like they welcomed conversation. I soon
      found out the man I interpted is now a friend of mine who always
      welcomes a good conversation. After that everyone was friendly and
      welcoming.
      Like many suggested I think that the part where re-enactors lack is
      being a little more open or welcoming to the public. There are many
      ways to be a little more open. As said starting conversations with the
      people who walk through is always a good start.

      Just telling a story

      Chris Radojewski

      And Jim Hill I might be crazy for standing out there but I also
      remembered my umbrella.