Re: [War Of 1812] Christmas Greetings

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2006
      A very Happy Christmas to all the list and indeed all who give so freely of
      their time and talents to preserve our history and educate both the public and
      ourselves in the military history of the early 19th century.

      This morning I had the great pleasure of attending a tridentine Latin Mass
      at St. Patrick's church here in New Orleans. Not only was it magnificent as a
      celebration of Our Lord's birth but it was Franz Joseph Haydn's Missa in
      Angustiis, also known as the Lord Nelson Mass!
      Perhaps he died before the war of 1812 but he DID serve on the North
      American station for a while.

      I intend informing Fr. Klores that if he ever has this Mass again (complete
      as it was with strings, drums and trumpets) that we can supply colours and a
      naval contingent should he so desire.

      God bless you al,