Pipe Clay + black canvas

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 1999
      Some units have been washing their white belting with Woolite.
      It works very well. Pour some Woolite in a saucer, add very little
      water, use toothbrush, voila. Leather is just wool without the fuzz!

      A substitute to painting gaiters is, call Townsends buy black canvas,
      sew item, rub with bees wax (water proofing), even-out wax with hair
      drier, or use paste floor wax same result.

      Larry
    • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 1999
        Say now, here is a question regarding black gaiters ---
        I seem to recall that - at one time anyway - gaiters were made of wool rather
        than canvas.
        Am I thinking of pre 1812 period?

        http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
        THE Thin Red Line