Re: [WarOf1812] Modellers Loft

  • kevin.windsor@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
      http://www.modellersloft.co.uk/

      In the Napoleonic series they have:
      1st Foot
      42nd Foot
      95th Foot
      and a French Infantry Sapper

      I must say, I am inpressed with the detail, but disappointed that there is no 89th! Oh well the Irish are always left out ;-)

      Could it be that we are fighting instead of modelling?

      Kevin (ducking the flying haggis!)
      89th

      > From: "larrylozon" <larrylozon@...>
      >
      > Donald E. Graves Reviews:
      >
      > FIGURINE
      >
      > Modeller's Loft Napoleonic Series:
      > Line Infantry Regiment: Royal Scots
    • Iain Burns
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
        CRIVENS! Not another Bearded Highlander!
        *\|;^P
        Aye,
        Iain
        "Proudly using a Razor since 1971"
        (OK, except for the College years...)

        >From: <kevin.windsor@...>
        >To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] Modellers Loft
        >Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:30:33 -0500
        >
        >http://www.modellersloft.co.uk/
        >
        >In the Napoleonic series they have:
        >1st Foot
        >42nd Foot
        >95th Foot
        >and a French Infantry Sapper
        >
        >I must say, I am inpressed with the detail, but disappointed that there is
        >no 89th! Oh well the Irish are always left out ;-)
        >
        >Could it be that we are fighting instead of modelling?
        >
        >Kevin (ducking the flying haggis!)
        >89th
        >

        > > From: "larrylozon" <larrylozon@...>
        > >
        > > Donald E. Graves Reviews:
        > >
        > > FIGURINE
        > >
        > > Modeller's Loft Napoleonic Series:
        > > Line Infantry Regiment: Royal Scots

      • roy winders
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
          MR. Windsor sir, I ( Rif - Raf Trading ) do custom work, just look at my balls.

          I must say, I am inpressed with the detail, but disappointed that there is no 89th! Oh well the Irish are always left out ;-)

          Could it be that we are fighting instead of modelling?

          Kevin (ducking the flying haggis!)
          89th

          > From: "larrylozon" <larrylozon@yahoo. ca>
          >
          > Donald E. Graves Reviews:
          >
          > FIGURINE
          >
          > Modeller's Loft Napoleonic Series:
          > Line Infantry Regiment: Royal Scots

        • Dale Kidd
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, roy winders <rangerroy50@...> wrote:
            "MR. Windsor sir, I ( Rif - Raf Trading ) do custom work, just look at
            my balls."

            ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

            (Well, eveyone else seems to have managed to hold back, but I just
            can't let an opportunity like this one pass!)

            Roy, I don't think any of us really want to take you up on THAT
            offer... although a few will remember tales of certain displays you
            have entertained us with following a few pints around the fire.

            ~Dale
          • Kevin Windsor
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
              Ahh yes Mr. Winders I have seen your balls and they are lovely!

              _____

              From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
              Of roy winders

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 5, 2006
                Why thank you sir!

                From: WarOf1812@yahoogrou ps.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogrou ps.com] On Behalf
                Of roy winders

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 5, 2006
                  Flashman is alive and well, damn yer eyes sir !

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 5, 2006
                    roy winders wrote:

                    Flashman is alive and well, damn yer eyes sir !

                    Sir,

                    Harry Flashman is 1830 to 1849 and beyond

                    therefore

                    Richard Sharpe is alive and well!

                    If we point to literary characters of out time period

                    Yrs.,
                    L2

                    PS: Congratulations to Lady Spencer and her associates on their
                    Sixth Annual Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering . Sorry to say
                    I was otherwise engaged.
                  • roy winders
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 5, 2006
                      Thank you for pointing that out Sir, however, being an avid fan of the Flashman chronicles and having read them all, I was merely referering to the characters character in reference to my assumed dubious behaviour after a few pints.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 6, 2006
                        Crivens? Och Waily waily waily! He's got the knowin' o' the speakin'

                        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Iain Burns" <iain51hdbw@...>