Apologies!

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2006
      Note to self: never try to do anything coherent or important when you're
      sleep deprived.

      Upon re-reading my post from last night, this time with the perspective
      of a full night's sleep, I was horrified to see that I had left off the
      names of some very dedicated and hardworking volunteers for the
      Gathering. Please accept my profoundest apologies!!

      Let me add to my list Sarah Reavley, who worked for two solid days doing
      everything from sandwich brigade to setup hauler to a most admirable job
      of supreme hostess and information dispatcher. I must also thank John
      Carlson, who cheerfully took charge of the Historic Merchants' food
      booth and made it a most successful venture. And we cannot forget
      Cameron Allan, who worked throughout the day as general dogsbody and
      factotum, before heading off to a full night's work at his "real job".
      Thanks is also due to the other members of the sandwich brigade, Robin
      Lane and Lorraine Vaculik, without whom the food booth would not have
      had much to sell, and also to Four and Twenty Blackbirds, for their loan
      of coolers and their advice and help in running the gauntlet of Health
      Inspectors!

      Thanks also, of course, to all of the merchants who put together such
      fine displays and worked so hard to raise the bar on quality and variety
      of merchandise. Well done!

      Let me also add a personal note of thanks to my co-chair Chris Bingham
      and to Rebecca Oliphant from the City of Hamilton Culture and Recreation
      Department: This event would not have happened without the two of you,
      and I cannot thank you enough for all of your dedicated efforts over the
      past weeks and months.

      Once again, my sincere apologies that all of this was not included in my
      first note -- to all of you, your efforts were very much appreciated,
      and I truly mean it when I say that we could not have done it without you!

      Best regards to all,
      -- Sioux