New Fort?

  • Mike Jansen
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
      Hello Everyone,
      Last week I was down in Carlisle, PA to make a delivery when I noticed
      the construction of a new fort just off of the I-81. It is all new
      since it wasn't there a few months ago and all the wood looks
      brand-new. The property now cantains blockhouses, earthworks,
      palisides and many smaller buildings. It looks to be from either the
      Rev or 1812 time period, but at the same time there are two WWII era
      tanks on the property as well. Nobody that I was able to talk to in
      Carlisle seemed to know what it was and I was wondering if anyone on
      this list might have heard something about it. Any information would
      be welcome.

      God Save the King
      Mike Jansen
      1st Lincoln Militia
    • Iain Burns
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
        Mike...
        I think you found the US Army Historical Museum
        http://www.carlisle.army.mil/ahec/<http://www.carlisle.army.mil/ahec/>#
        There has been some talk on the WWII boards that they will be having demos and events there in the future.
        Aye,
        Iain