192nd Anniversary

  • Peter Catley
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      If the balance of power shifted at all in 1815 I suspect that it
      happened in Belgium :-)

      Cheers

      P**

      Gordon Deans wrote: Er...Vic...I don't think the world's balance of
      power shifted forever
      in 1815 EITHER! You caught me shamelessly plagiarizing the "come on"
      advertising for the Battle of New Orleans from the National Parks
      Service web site. If they said it, it must be true. After all, are
      we not all supposed to put our trust in Uncle Sam without question?

      I should have known better than to plagiarize an official U.S. source
      without first reading it critically. Thanks for keeping us honest to
      the history.

      Gord
    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        In a message dated 01/12/2006 19:55:12 Central Standard Time,
        peter.catley@... writes:

        If the balance of power shifted at all in 1815 I suspect that it
        happened in Belgium :-)

        You know Peter I think the real power shift came 10 years earlier off Cape
        Trafalgar, Spain!

      • Peter Catley
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
          Probably true but I was really alluding to 181`5:-) and perhaps to the
          US view of foreign policy!

          Cheers

          P**