Re: Black Canvas Paint

  • Scott Jeznach
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 1999
      This message reminded me of another mixture you all might find handy. A
      good "pipeclay" white for leather goods is a 50-50 mixture of white liquid
      shoe polish (I prefer nurses chalk white) and white acrylic paint (the kind
      found in tubes in art supply stores). We use this in the Royal Marines, and
      I've been using it for years in AWI. It goes on well, doesn't flake or rub
      off, and can actually be cleaned with a sponge a few times before
      re-application.

      Just thought I'd share this with everyone to prove I'm not a complete jerk
      (contrary to popular belief in some circles).

      Scott J.
      Royal Marines