Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering -- Saturday, December 2

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2006
      Just a quick reminder to everyone that the Seventh Annual Historic
      Merchants' Christmas Gathering is coming up fast -- next Saturday, in
      fact! We'll be at Hamilton City Hall, 71 Main Street West (at Bay
      Street), Hamilton, Ontario, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on December 2nd. A
      map is available through a link on our website at
      http://www.historicmerchants.com/xmasgathering.html.

      Despite Hamilton's one-way streets, it's easy to find: from Highway 403,
      take the Main Street East exit, and City Hall is on your right about ten
      blocks along. To access any of the the three parking lots at our
      disposal, drive right past City Hall to MacNab Street and turn right
      (first lot access), go to Hunter Street and turn right once more (second
      lot access), and go to Bay Street and turn right one last time (third
      lot access). Parking in these three lots will be free for the Gathering.

      Admission to the event is free of charge. Door prizes will be given,
      and if you show up in period garb, you will be eligible for a special
      door prize! A silent auction will be run to help support next year's
      event -- which is always a good way to get a bargain. Most merchants
      will offer purchase options of Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and
      Interac, as well as good old-fashioned cash.

      We have over 40 booths registered to offer you a great variety of goods
      and services, as well as a variety of display booths set up by museums,
      events, and re-enactment groups. Of special note are the gift shops of
      the Hamilton Civic Museums, who will be filling eight booths with all
      sorts of special good to tempt you! Musical entertainment will be
      ongoing throughout the day by Steve Fuller and the Porter Music Box.
      Sandwiches and beverages will be available for purchase on site, and
      yes, 4 and 20 Blackbirds will be there with their goodies (including
      lemon shortbread!).

      Please don't hesitate to contact me off-list if you have any questions
      or if you'd like further information.

      I look forward to seeing you there!
      -- Sioux