Re: Firing old British mortar

  • Dale Kidd
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2006
      Sir:

      I hope you will also instruct your gunner not to RUN from the gun after
      lighting the fuse. Anyone who works with explosives in any capacity
      will tell you that this is the single most dangerous thing you can do
      after lighting a fuse.

      While I understand that videos posted on sites like this one are
      primarily presented for entertainment value, may I respectfully ask, on
      behalf of all of us who want to be able to continue firing our black
      powder artillery pieces, that you maintain strict safety standards when
      using your pieces... particularly when posting the videos. One well-
      publicized accident would be all that would be required to bring us
      under the microscope of any number of regulatory bodies, most of which
      are desperately searching for something to justify their own existence.

      Dale Kidd
      Master at Arms
      H.M. Provincial Marine