Editor/Writer position announcement-Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 1999
      Friends,
      As I sit here in my office and look out of the window at the first snowfall of the upcoming winter season, I am thinking of E'ing my acquaintances in the sunny south and applying for a job as their batman or servant. I have already been in contact with E-friends in New Zealand, California and Mexico but alas the walk would be too much for this old man. Then, as if an angel had been watching over me, an email message arrives, let me share it with you,

      "Position Announcement: Editor/Writer"

      The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, the beautiful 173 acre 18th century
      living history museum in Williamsburg, VA seeks applications for an
      Editor/Writer vacancy in the Publications Department. Reports to Senior
      Editor/Writer. Hiring salary mid-$30's. MINIMUM APPLICATION
      QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent knowledge of English language, grammar,
      spelling, and punctuation. Ability to use the style manuals, publishers'
      in-house style sheets, dictionaries, reference works, and proofreading and
      copyediting marks and techniques. Consistency in matters of editorial style;
      attention to detail. Excellent writing skills. Ability to supervise
      freelance editors, proofreaders, indexers, and volunteers. Ability to
      coordinate photo shoots. Familiarity with reference and searching materials
      available in research libraries. Experience in checking and verifying
      bibliographical citations. Demonstrated ability to apply Microsoft Word
      software to editorial processes; experience with on-line editing.
      Must be able to work under pressure and handle multiple projects in a
      timely fashion. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Four-year
      bachelor's degree in liberal arts required, major in American history,
      English, or American studies preferred. Skills and experience needed to
      perform this job generally acquired by four or more years of progressive
      professional editorial experience preferably with a museum publications
      department, trade publisher, or equivalent work experience. Eligibility
      (work visa) to work in U.S.A required. Download employment application at
      our web site, or leave a message at 757-220-7660 or 7713. Send completed
      application, resume, cover letter, and contact info on 3 work references to:
      Ed Joyner, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, Box 1776, Williamsburg, VA
      23187-1776. Email: ejoyner@... Detailed job posting available at
      http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.org/jobs

      The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
      P.O. Box 1776
      Williamsburg, VA 23187-1776

      web site: http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.org
      Contact: Ed Joyner, Human Resources
      ejoyner@...
      Tel: 1-757-220-7043 Fax: 1-757-220-7259

      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Forwarded from the RevList - http://www.meridian.com/revlist/

      According to my Atlas Virginia is south of Canada.
      Does it snow in Virginia, do they have palm trees?
      Larry
      "born in the wrong climate"
    • MAXINE TROTTIER
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 1999
        Yes, well, Larry you will have to fight me for this one. Socks filed
        with manure at 40 paces in the parade ground at Fort Niagara?

        Max
        Maxine Trottier
        maxitrot@...
        http://www.execulink.com/~maxitrot/maxine.htm