A Penny for the Guy

  • J-P Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2006
      Remember remember the fifth of November,
      Gunpowder, Treason and Plot,
      I see no reason why gunpowder and treason
      should ever be forgot.

      Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent
      to blow up the King and the Parliament.
      Three score barrels of powder below,
      Poor old England to overthrow:
      By God's providence he was catch'd
      With a dark lantern and burning match.

      Holloa boys, holloa boys, make the bells ring.
      Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
      Hip hip hoorah!

      Catholic I may be, but I knows a good party when I sees one. Happy
      Bonfire Night everyone!

      J-P Johnson
      RNR

    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2006
        In a message dated 05/11/2006 16:15:49 Central Standard Time,
        jpjohnsn@... writes:

        Catholic I may be, but I knows a good party when I sees one. Happy
        Bonfire Night everyone!

        I agree with that in most respects but as a Knaresborian also I personally
        always felt a bit unhappy burning one of my neighbors (Scriven is only about 5
        miles down the road). As the headmaster of Fawks' old school in York once
        said 'We do not burn Old Boys.'

        Goebels certainly could have learned a thing or two about propaganda from
        Burleigh!