Vic's Article

  • Peter Catley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
      There was me thinking it was only British politicians that followed the
      long traditions of failing to equip the forces properly :-)

      Well done Vic.

      Cheers

      P**
    • suthren@magma.ca
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
        Thanks, Peter. Your note is much appreciated.
        Vic
        > There was me thinking it was only British politicians that followed the
        > long traditions of failing to equip the forces properly :-)
        >
        > Well done Vic.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > P**

        square miles...

        > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
        > American Forces Unit Listing
        > http://usforces1812.tripod.com
        >
        > WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --

      • John Ogden
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
          All-
          It seems that the English-speaking world at large has a history of not
          equipping their troops properly, we Americans (with our tremendous military
          budget) notwithstanding. Consider our War Between the States where troops
          on both sides in the Western Theater were sometimes still armed with
          flintlock muskets as late as 1863...

          --
          Fortuna audentes favorit.
          ("Fortune favors the bold.")