Re: [WarOf1812] Vic Suthren

  • suthren@magma.ca
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
      Thanks, JP!
      Vic
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "John-Paul Johnson" <jpjohnsn@...>
      To: "WarOf1812" <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 7:35 AM
      Subject: [WarOf1812] Vic Suthren

      > Mr Suthren:
      >
      > I read your piece in the Ottawa Citizen on-line this morning... Bravo
      Zulu!

      > J-P Johnson
      > RNR

      square miles...

      > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
      > American Forces Unit Listing
      > http://usforces1812.tripod.com
      >
      > WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > --

    • John-Paul Johnson
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
        http://server09.densan.ca/archivenews/061102/cit/061102bu.htm

        These links tend to be very temporary.

        J-P

        Luthien Tinuviel <rrbeckner@...> wrote:
        Care to share the link (if it's available online) with the rest of us?

        Beck
        89th

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
          You are welcome. I have become addicted to the "Spotlight on Military News and International Affairs" (SOMNIA) page on the Canadian Forces College website. It has links to recommended current affairs stories and yours is one of today's links!

          J-P

          suthren@... wrote:
          Thanks, JP!
          Vic
          > I read your piece in the Ottawa Citizen on-line this morning... Bravo
          Zulu!

          > J-P Johnson
          > RNR

          square miles...

          > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
          > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
          > American Forces Unit Listing
          > http://usforces1812.tripod.com
          >
          > WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --

          Crown Forces Unit Listing:
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
          American Forces Unit Listing
          http://usforces1812.tripod.com

          WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Soo
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 20, 2013
            I'm saddened to be the bearer of this news, but as per Vic's wishes, I'm passing this email on to the list as the best way I know to get the info out.

            As you are well-connected within the re-enactment community I wanted to let you know of a major change affecting my own participation.
            My wife Lindsay suffered a stroke 6 January and it has been necessary for me to revert to the role of primary care giver 24/7, and for the foreseeable future. With regret, but fond memories, I will be no longer an active member of the re-enactment scene, such as acting as designer and "Commodore' of the naval portions. At Louisbourg, Halifax, Niagara-on-the-lake and elsewhere, it's been fun to see so many good people enjoying themselves in the encampments in the atmosphere of tall ships, longboats, and military and naval re-enactment that has involved music and dance as well as black powder. What a grand experience it all was!

            All best wishes, and I will be cheering from the sidelines as you all build new memories.

            I'd be grateful if you might tell anyone who would be interested to hear.

            Yours aye

            Vic

            I think Vic will need the support of all his friends at this time.

            Sue McLean (aka Sue Too)
          • Mark Bradford
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 20, 2013
              Please pass my sympathy to Vic. Unfortunately We never got around to coming over to USA/Canada to any event, but we did correspond

              With Regards

              Mark Bradford

              Devonport Beagle Rowing Club
            • roy winders
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
                Mister Suthren, being a landlubber I missed the opportunity to make your aquaintance,
                I offer you my deepest sympathy for the tragic turn of events and hope for a recovery some time in the future,
                I salute you for the choice you made.

                Roy Winders, Capt. British Indian Dept.

              • Lindsay Suthren
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
                  Thank you, Roy. Your note is much appreciated.

                  Vic