Vic Suthren

  • John-Paul Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
      Mr Suthren:

      I read your piece in the Ottawa Citizen on-line this morning... Bravo Zulu!

      J-P Johnson
      RNR

    • suthren@magma.ca
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
        Thanks, JP!
        Vic
        > I read your piece in the Ottawa Citizen on-line this morning... Bravo
        Zulu!

        > J-P Johnson
        > RNR

        square miles...

        > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
        > American Forces Unit Listing
        > http://usforces1812.tripod.com
        >
        > WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --

      • Luthien Tinuviel

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
              You are welcome. I have become addicted to the "Spotlight on Military News and International Affairs" (SOMNIA) page on the Canadian Forces College website. It has links to recommended current affairs stories and yours is one of today's links!

              J-P

              suthren@... wrote:
              Thanks, JP!
              Vic
              > I read your piece in the Ottawa Citizen on-line this morning... Bravo
              Zulu!

              > J-P Johnson
              > RNR

              square miles...

              > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
              > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
              > American Forces Unit Listing
              > http://usforces1812.tripod.com
              >
              > WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              > --

              Crown Forces Unit Listing:
              http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
              American Forces Unit Listing
              http://usforces1812.tripod.com

              WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Soo
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 20, 2013
                I'm saddened to be the bearer of this news, but as per Vic's wishes, I'm passing this email on to the list as the best way I know to get the info out.

                As you are well-connected within the re-enactment community I wanted to let you know of a major change affecting my own participation.
                My wife Lindsay suffered a stroke 6 January and it has been necessary for me to revert to the role of primary care giver 24/7, and for the foreseeable future. With regret, but fond memories, I will be no longer an active member of the re-enactment scene, such as acting as designer and "Commodore' of the naval portions. At Louisbourg, Halifax, Niagara-on-the-lake and elsewhere, it's been fun to see so many good people enjoying themselves in the encampments in the atmosphere of tall ships, longboats, and military and naval re-enactment that has involved music and dance as well as black powder. What a grand experience it all was!

                All best wishes, and I will be cheering from the sidelines as you all build new memories.

                I'd be grateful if you might tell anyone who would be interested to hear.

                Yours aye

                Vic

                I think Vic will need the support of all his friends at this time.

                Sue McLean (aka Sue Too)
              • Mark Bradford
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 20, 2013
                  Please pass my sympathy to Vic. Unfortunately We never got around to coming over to USA/Canada to any event, but we did correspond

                  With Regards

                  Mark Bradford

                  Devonport Beagle Rowing Club
                • roy winders
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
                    Mister Suthren, being a landlubber I missed the opportunity to make your aquaintance,
                    I offer you my deepest sympathy for the tragic turn of events and hope for a recovery some time in the future,
                    I salute you for the choice you made.

                    Roy Winders, Capt. British Indian Dept.

                  • Lindsay Suthren
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
                      Thank you, Roy. Your note is much appreciated.

                      Vic