Re: Bus Trip

  • mmathews@xxxx.xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 1999
      >From: "Len Heidebrecht" <lheidebrecht@...>
      >
      >Hi List,
      >OK, so people are interested in a trip. Good. My recommendation is one to
      >the US east coast for a long weekend likely in November or perhaps
      >Feb/Mar. I say this as they are the months not tied up with Christmas or
      >Christmas payments ( well not as much!) and before we get back into the
      >campaign season. For this year I would say that Nov is out being too close
      >to our present date, but we could project ahead to next year. I also
      >received a card in the mail (old address) about a Living History
      >conference in March which we don't wish to conflict with. So, with that
      >balancing act to start with, any ideas or comments?
      >I would like to get in contact with any sites that are interested in our
      >services as well and then get back to you re: recommended timings,
      >billeting,perks etc, for your comments.
      >Do we want to go and do a dog and pony show, a shoot-em-up, a full mess
      >dinner, period dance? We have the talent in our little society here, and I
      >sure could use a break during the blah days of late winter. Heck, doing a
      >tour of the US south east with my marque might be a nice vacation at that
      >time. Hmmm...
      >
      >Nil Farbus Carborundum,

      Well, there's a lovely Napoleonic event at Fort Morgan, AL in March. ;-)
      We would love to have you there to shoot at, not many redcoat units in the
      deep south. (93rd excepted of course, but does Texas consider itself part
      of the south?) I posted something a while back on the event, which is also
      listed in Smoke and Fire.

      Can provide more details on or off the list if interested.

      Michael

      Voice: (507) 285-7585 Fax: (507) 280-5568
      ------------------------------
      "Wit is educated insolence." -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)
    • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 1999
        In a message dated 01/11/1999 8:36:05 AM, mmathews@...
        writes:

        >Well, there's a lovely Napoleonic event at Fort Morgan, AL in March. ;-)
        >We would love to have you there to shoot at, not many redcoat units in
        >the
        >deep south. (93rd excepted of course, but does Texas consider itself part
        >of the south?) I posted something a while back on the event, which is
        >also
        >listed in Smoke and Fire.

        Actually, Texas considers anything outside Texas as "foreign".
        ;-) (I can say that, being a native Texan...)

        But just to keep things straight for those who may read all this and not
        know, the 93rd is a NATIONAL (oops - make that INTERNATIONAL) unit with
        members from Georgia to California (and Thailand!) including some in
        Louisiana -- so it's only a hop skip and jump over de bayou for dem, I tell
        you dat! And dey wants ta know what be going on wit dat Morgan event, sure
        nuff.

        Crispy Critters!
        http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
        THE Thin Red Line
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 1999
          Do we want to go and do a dog and pony show,
          a shoot-em-up, a full mess dinner, period dance?

          Len: In my humble opinion,
          why not try for Baltimore
          and New Orleans for 2000?!?!?
          That is one to the East and
          one to the South. Also both
          groups have attended events
          in our area. Turn about is
          fair play.
          Larry
        • Len Heidebrecht
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 9, 1999
            G'Day,
            I've contacted a couple of local bus touring companies and they are sending me packages on several tours that I have suggested.
            I received a site package from New Orleans but thats it. So, I've sent it back with some requests for possible sponsorship and asked for recommendations.I await my snail mail with antisa....(say it)...pation.
            Thats it so far,
            Len

            HotBot - Search smarter.
            http://www.hotbot.com