Re: Canvas Painting.

  • Robert Van Patten
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999
      Len: thanks for the info. I have learned that both Tandy Leather and the
      larger fabric stores (Jo-Ann Fabrics here in the states) carry fabric
      paint. We will probably practice on a regimental or company banner first.

      best regards...
      van

      ----------
      > From: Len Heidebrecht <lheidebrecht@...>

      > From: "Len Heidebrecht" <lheidebrecht@...>
      >
      > Robert,
      > The latex paint with a linseed oil does very well. I have tried milk
      paint but that tends to flake badly.
      > If you are interested in taking cloth painting a step farther,there are a
      number of books out which talk about painted ground cloths. Some of these
      show period styles and would be quite worth looking into. Painted ground
      cloths are both cheaper and lighter than a carpet and you can have some
      individualism ( or regimentalism) with the painted subject matter.