RE: public archives

  • Jim Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 1999
      From: Easeufe@...

      <snip>Does everyone realize that the comments that we make are open to the general
      public? <snip>
      Just a word to the wise when you feel like making negative
      chastisements.......

      Jim adds:

      Does anyone think that our archives should be restricted to "members only"? This seems ultimately futile to me, unless there is also going to be a list of banned people who will not be allowed to join. Even then, they would simply have to make up a Hotmail persona & they would get a membership for sure. Once a member, the archives would again be open for view...

      As Ed has noted, we are posting to a public forum. Hopefully, someone who has a casual interest in the War of 1812 and who dabbles through the open archives, will be motivated and inspired by the exceptionally high quality of our postings, to join our merry band of history buffs...