Canvas Painting.

  • Len Heidebrecht
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 1999
      Robert,
      The latex paint with a linseed oil does very well. I have tried milk paint but that tends to flake badly.
      If you are interested in taking cloth painting a step farther,there are a number of books out which talk about painted ground cloths. Some of these show period styles and would be quite worth looking into. Painted ground cloths are both cheaper and lighter than a carpet and you can have some individualism ( or regimentalism) with the painted subject matter.

      Just a thought,

      Nil Farbus Carborundum,

      Len

      HotBot - Search smarter.
      http://www.hotbot.com
    • Robert Van Patten
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999
        Len: thanks for the info. I have learned that both Tandy Leather and the
        larger fabric stores (Jo-Ann Fabrics here in the states) carry fabric
        paint. We will probably practice on a regimental or company banner first.

        best regards...
        van