Re: The Rifles return

  • larrylozon
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
      Todd Post wrote:

      " - - I hope this doesn't affect the regimental museums - - "

      Since the UK Army started to amalgamate regiments and form their New
      and Improved Army --- I have been assured by a UK Army Staff Officer
      that the museums will stay the same and will not be touched.

      For example ---

      The KING'S REGIMENT has two fine museums, one in Liverpool for the
      Regimental collection and one in Tameside, Greater Manchester for
      the Manchester Regiment Collection.

      The NEW Regiment

      The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment formed from the King's Own Royal
      Border Regiment, the King's Regiment, and the Queen's Lancashire
      Regiment on 1st July 2006. For more details --- visit
      www.army.mod.uk/lancs

      The 8th (KINGS) Regiment [1812] is alive at the Liverpool Museum ---
      but as Commander Hobbs has pointed out they are not that interested
      or educated in the North American War known to us as the War of
      1812 --- the King's Regiment flaunt their involvement in the Zulu War

      Yrs.,
      L2