Re: [WarOf1812] Heritage Days - Faire at the Forks 2006

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
      Well said, Pete and Gord! Although my skirts may never recover from
      Saturday's mud bath, Sunday's wonderful weather more than made up for it
      -- and does anyone ever remember seeing a crowd that large on Sunday at
      the Faire? It was great that the community turned out in such great
      numbers to support the final event. Even kids' day was great --
      apparently there were an unprecedented number of parent volunteers who
      made themselves available this year, with the result that the kids were
      in smaller groups and were able to spend more time at each stop along
      the way. What an all-round wonderful weekend we had!

      We do indeed owe Jim, Lisa, Sheila, and the rest of the committee a
      tremendous thanks for all of their hard work and dedication, not only
      for this year's fine event, but for every Faire at the Forks for the
      past 15 years. Well done, all!!

      And for all those who asked, the grey and white kitten has been
      temporarily christened "Hoover" (a reflection on his speed and style of
      eating, as opposed to any reference to any American presidents), and has
      gone home with Sutler Cyrus to join his pride of felines.

      Cheers,
      -- Sioux