New Medal for Cdn Troops. (JOKE ALERT)

  • Peter Monahan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28 6:57 AM
      LIist

      Some of you will remember Lynn Downer, my immediate predecessor as sergeant of Bulger's Coy, RNR. Some of you may even remember his son, Chris - he is featured on the dustjacket of Vic Suthren's 1812 book, I think.

      Anyway, Chris is now in the Cdn Forces & doing combat training at CFB Shilo & CFB Wainwright. He expects to be posted "very soon", presumably to Afghanistan.

      Chris wropte his dad to say he'd qualified for his first decoration, (just out of basic, just like some other army's we're too polite to mention.) Here's the medal:

      BTW, if this offends anyone, I'm apologizing now, not later.

      Peter Monahan
      From: "Lyn Downer" <lyn.downer@...>

      Subject: New Medal

      Peter: Just got this from Chris. He says he was awarded a medal after the exercises in Shilo and can wear it during parade.

      Lyn Downer