Bus Trip

  • Len Heidebrecht
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 28, 1999
      Hi All,

      Yes Terry, I remember those trips as well. I also remember being camped out on the floor of a gym. Next year I flew and stayed in a hotel- expensive, yes but sooo nice. The buses, and there were often two or three, were funded from the site and funding eventually dried up. We would have to discuss travel arrangements and accomadation and parades/battles. But I think that we could round up enough people for a good dog and poney show.
      Nice people, great crab fest, a good show and instructional session unfortunately the beer really sucked. Sorry sorry my southern friends but all I could find there was 'canoe beer.'Perhaps funding from a local microbrewery?
      I've had a number of calls off list and I wouldn't mind helping with the organization of such a trip.
      Bus trip to New Orleans would be rough, but I also remember something about a bunch of the IMUC flying down a couple of times. I also remember a couple of stories about the altercation on one of the flights as well...
      We could get creative about this...
      Cheers,
      Len

      HotBot - Search smarter.
      http://www.hotbot.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 28, 1999
        Re: an "E"
        From: "Len Heidebrecht"
        <lheidebrecht@...>
        We would have to discuss travel
        arrangements and accomadation
        and parades/battles. But I think
        that we could round up enough
        people for a good dog and poney show.

        I nominate Len to head
        a Committee of Travel.
        All in favour, signify by
        E'ing YEAH!

        Sorry sorry my southern friends but
        all I could find there was 'canoe beer.

        Len you were in the wrong south!
        Chicken, Bourbon, Southern Belles,
        Latin Quarter, shrimp, etc !!!!!

        Bus trip to New Orleans would be rough

        Nah! did it twice with a bag pipe band
        for Mardi Gras, just keep the coolers
        filled and NO PROBLEM

        Also an E:
        From: Scott & Nancy McDonald
        <raintree@...>

        New Orleans has the Beauregard
        House on site which is part of the
        British encampment. It's even got heat!

        There you go Len...........
        Look out Erin Neville here we come!

        Larry
      • Craig Williams
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 29, 1999
          I nominate Len to head
          a Committee of Travel.
          All in favour, signify by
          E'ing YEAH!

          Yeah! but lets try to go a little easy on the beer. I have poor memories from the Baltimore days of there being some beyond naughty behavior.

          Craig
        • JGIL1812@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 29, 1999
            E'ing yeah!
          • Kevin Windsor
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 30, 1999
              YEAH!!!

              ----------

              I nominate Len to head
              a Committee of Travel.
              All in favour, signify by
              E'ing YEAH!
            • Len Heidebrecht
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 30, 1999
                Hi List,
                OK, so people are interested in a trip. Good. My recommendation is one to the US east coast for a long weekend likely in November or perhaps Feb/Mar. I say this as they are the months not tied up with Christmas or Christmas payments ( well not as much!) and before we get back into the campaign season. For this year I would say that Nov is out being too close to our present date, but we could project ahead to next year. I also received a card in the mail (old address) about a Living History conference in March which we don't wish to conflict with. So, with that balancing act to start with, any ideas or comments?
                I would like to get in contact with any sites that are interested in our services as well and then get back to you re: recommended timings, billeting,perks etc, for your comments.
                Do we want to go and do a dog and pony show, a shoot-em-up, a full mess dinner, period dance? We have the talent in our little society here, and I sure could use a break during the blah days of late winter. Heck, doing a tour of the US south east with my marque might be a nice vacation at that time. Hmmm...

                Nil Farbus Carborundum,

                Len

                HotBot - Search smarter.
                http://www.hotbot.com
              • mmathews@xxxx.xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 1, 1999
                  >From: "Len Heidebrecht" <lheidebrecht@...>
                  >
                  >Hi List,
                  >OK, so people are interested in a trip. Good. My recommendation is one to
                  >the US east coast for a long weekend likely in November or perhaps
                  >Feb/Mar. I say this as they are the months not tied up with Christmas or
                  >Christmas payments ( well not as much!) and before we get back into the
                  >campaign season. For this year I would say that Nov is out being too close
                  >to our present date, but we could project ahead to next year. I also
                  >received a card in the mail (old address) about a Living History
                  >conference in March which we don't wish to conflict with. So, with that
                  >balancing act to start with, any ideas or comments?
                  >I would like to get in contact with any sites that are interested in our
                  >services as well and then get back to you re: recommended timings,
                  >billeting,perks etc, for your comments.
                  >Do we want to go and do a dog and pony show, a shoot-em-up, a full mess
                  >dinner, period dance? We have the talent in our little society here, and I
                  >sure could use a break during the blah days of late winter. Heck, doing a
                  >tour of the US south east with my marque might be a nice vacation at that
                  >time. Hmmm...
                  >
                  >Nil Farbus Carborundum,

                  Well, there's a lovely Napoleonic event at Fort Morgan, AL in March. ;-)
                  We would love to have you there to shoot at, not many redcoat units in the
                  deep south. (93rd excepted of course, but does Texas consider itself part
                  of the south?) I posted something a while back on the event, which is also
                  listed in Smoke and Fire.

                  Can provide more details on or off the list if interested.

                  Michael

                  Voice: (507) 285-7585 Fax: (507) 280-5568
                  ------------------------------
                  "Wit is educated insolence." -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)
                • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 1, 1999
                    In a message dated 01/11/1999 8:36:05 AM, mmathews@...
                    writes:

                    >Well, there's a lovely Napoleonic event at Fort Morgan, AL in March. ;-)
                    >We would love to have you there to shoot at, not many redcoat units in
                    >the
                    >deep south. (93rd excepted of course, but does Texas consider itself part
                    >of the south?) I posted something a while back on the event, which is
                    >also
                    >listed in Smoke and Fire.

                    Actually, Texas considers anything outside Texas as "foreign".
                    ;-) (I can say that, being a native Texan...)

                    But just to keep things straight for those who may read all this and not
                    know, the 93rd is a NATIONAL (oops - make that INTERNATIONAL) unit with
                    members from Georgia to California (and Thailand!) including some in
                    Louisiana -- so it's only a hop skip and jump over de bayou for dem, I tell
                    you dat! And dey wants ta know what be going on wit dat Morgan event, sure
                    nuff.

                    Crispy Critters!
                    http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
                    THE Thin Red Line
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 1, 1999
                      Do we want to go and do a dog and pony show,
                      a shoot-em-up, a full mess dinner, period dance?

                      Len: In my humble opinion,
                      why not try for Baltimore
                      and New Orleans for 2000?!?!?
                      That is one to the East and
                      one to the South. Also both
                      groups have attended events
                      in our area. Turn about is
                      fair play.
                      Larry
                    • Len Heidebrecht
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 9, 1999
                        G'Day,
                        I've contacted a couple of local bus touring companies and they are sending me packages on several tours that I have suggested.
                        I received a site package from New Orleans but thats it. So, I've sent it back with some requests for possible sponsorship and asked for recommendations.I await my snail mail with antisa....(say it)...pation.
                        Thats it so far,
                        Len

                        HotBot - Search smarter.
                        http://www.hotbot.com