Fanshawe Pioneer village

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2006
      List:
      On behalf of the 41st Regiment of Foot I wish to congratulate the 1st
      (Royal Scots) Grenadier Company; Ashley White and her staff at Fanshawe
      Pioneer Village for hosting an excellent event this past week-end.
      Special kudos go to Captain Denison of the Grenadier Company who
      commanded the British Forces admirably - I think it is agreed, we (the
      41st) would follow him anywhere (if only out of curiosity!). He did a
      splendid job, and when battle plans go awry, as they do, and did in the
      first five minutes of the engagement, he adpated to circumstances to
      turn the battles into crowd-pleasers, and troop pleasers. Great job
      Hal.
      The staff at Fanshawe could not be more accommodating - entering well
      into the spirit of the week-end. Several 41st patrols encountered
      subversives planting dangerous literature throughout the village. These
      miscreants were arrested, and dealt with - one by summary execution as
      we found he was an habitual trouble-maker, and the village was better
      off without him.

      The village is a modest size, but the site in which it is placed is
      exceptionally large with great potential for large future engagements.

      The Saturday evening entertainment, presented courtesy of the
      generosity of the site - was a wonderful time of fun. Thank you all.

      Rob Trumbull and Betsy Bashore commanded the US forces in a devilishly
      clever way at times, and they are always great fun to have around.
      Thank you both for your contribution to the week-end.

      So, to Dave, Hal, Rob, Betsy, Ashley - and all their support staff -
      many thanks for a wonderful week-end. I am sure this event will be on
      the 41st's calendar for the coming season.

      Yrs etc.
      Ray Hobbs
      41st Regt. CO
      Head of the Lake, UC