Wysoons/Weishuhn's Point

  • Sara
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2006
      It appears that my first attempt to post didn't work, so unless it
      turns up...

      In researching a local War of 1812 site, Weishuhn's Point, I came
      across this site http://www.geocities.com/dan_weishuhn/ which fellow
      members may find interesting. I was also directed to a thread in
      this group on "Wysoons", which appears to pertain to the same
      subject. The site has not yet been "plaqued". Today a marina and
      golf club stand on the location at the bridge over Lyon's Creek on
      Lyon's Creek Road in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

      The website also mentions another local point of interest "Tete de
      Pont", which I had not previously heard of. If anyone has further
      information on Tete de Pont including its exact location please
      email me at whmuseum@...

      Sara Byers-Ogilvie
      Curator, Willoughby Historical Museum
      Niagara Falls, Ontario