RE: [WarOf1812] OT CGI [was Mel in the Movies]

  • Ian Gardner
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2006
      All comes down to bucks. No per diems for CGI, no insurance worries, no
      food, no overtime, no attitude, no headaches (for the most part).
      Film-making (if it can be called that in the future) is moving to an
      all-digital process, from acquisition to editing to distribution to
      projection. As far as real being real, all I can say is that tweaks in
      the software will bring about enough randomness to the scene to make it
      progressively tougher to tell real from MemorexC.

      Ian

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2006
        Even something like the opening sequence of 'Saving Private Ryan'?
        Vic
        > All comes down to bucks. No per diems for CGI, no insurance worries, no
        > food, no overtime, no attitude, no headaches (for the most part).
        > Film-making (if it can be called that in the future) is moving to an
        > all-digital process, from acquisition to editing to distribution to
        > projection. As far as real being real, all I can say is that tweaks in
        > the software will bring about enough randomness to the scene to make it
        > progressively tougher to tell real from MemorexC.
        >
        > Ian

        square miles...

        > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
        > American Forces Unit Listing
        > http://usforces1812.tripod.com
        >
        > WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > --

      • Ian Gardner
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 2006
          Especially the opening sequence of "Saving Private Ryan".

          Ian

        • suthren@magma.ca
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 22, 2006
            Wo. Just think of the 89th at Crysler's Farm. Or Lundy's Lane. Or the 41st
            being hit by Johnson's Kentuckians. Or the 2,000 lads going down in
            screaming heaps in front of Andrew Jackson's cotton bales. Or...or....
            Vic
            > Especially the opening sequence of "Saving Private Ryan".
            >
            > Ian

            square miles...