Re: Today In History

  • IX Regiment
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 1999
      Ed,

      Congratulations, Personally I consider the RM units still the finest in
      our forces, quiet, unassuming and very effective, unlike some!

      May they continue to serve our Queen for many years to come.

      P**

      --
      IX Regiment
    • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 1999
        Happy anniversary to the RMs!

        http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
        THE Thin Red Line

      • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 1999
          << The Royal Marines use 28 October as their anniversary date. In 1664, The
          Admiral's Regiment or The Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of
          Foot
          was ordered to be raised.>>

          A fine memorial to their first Colonel, King James II of Glorious memory.
          A Happy Birthday and long may the Royal Marines sow the rest how it should be
          done.