Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Conflicts and Scheduling

  • Gordon Deans
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2006
      Dale,

      Hear! Hear!

      We appreciate and support your approbations for our Admiral.

      I feel that we have had a great discussion of the issue and brought
      all of the factors involved to the forefront. So often, announcements
      of decisions do not include the myriad of special circumstances which
      went into shaping them. Just knowing and understanding the background
      can help to reduce the frustration.

      I will be pleased to assist Event Chair Tom Hurlbut and his Committee
      to do their best to select a date For the 2008 School Of the Sailor
      even knowing now that their course is strewn with mines and torpedoes.
      Perhaps we can evolve a process which will protect our cornerstone
      events while giving deserving new events a fair chance to start up.

      Gord Deans,
      HMS Charwell Landing Party.