Re: [WarOf1812] New poll for WarOf1812

  • PEGGY MATHEWS
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 17, 2006
      And if we do more than one of the below? Does voting again add or just change?

      Michael "Coats of Many Colors" Mathews

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 17, 2006
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "PEGGY MATHEWS" <ciefranche21e@...>
        wrote:

        > And if we do more than one of the below? Does voting again add or
        just change?

        > Michael "Coats of Many Colors" Mathews

        List Moderator here.

        The three polls that were created Friday, including the one Michael is
        requesting clarification on, were *not* posted by myself or the other
        Moderators of this list, nor (as far as I know) at the request of any
        official group (reenactors: Crown Forces etc; sites: Fort Niagara
        etc.). Nor, for that matter, any semi or totally unofficial group,
        either. So I can't answer his question.

        But it raises another issue.

        They were created by an individual member of the list who is
        identified only by an "e-name" which none of the Moderators recognize.
        We know nothing more about this individual than the e-name. It could
        be somebody who was bored Friday, or a grade 7 student researching
        reenacting for a class report. Or the CIA or CSIS trying to get a
        handle on the prevalence of musket-firing weaponry in our deeply
        troubled society <grin>. The point is, we just don't know.

        After consulting each other, the moderators decided to change the list
        rules so that only a moderator can create a poll. The settings have
        been changed accordingly.

        We will be happy to put out an official poll for any list member who
        as an individual or on behalf of a group or organization has a good
        reason for wanting a poll done.

        When this happens, we will probably put the reason for the poll right
        in to its text. If a subject is important enough to warrant a poll,
        then the list members deserve to know why their time is being
        requested to participate in it i.e. what good will it serve...

        Respectfully

        Jim Yaworsky
        The Moderator
      • jesserenda1
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 17, 2006
          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "James Yaworsky" <yawors1@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "PEGGY MATHEWS" <ciefranche21e@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > And if we do more than one of the below? Does voting again add
          or
          > just change?
          > >
          > > Michael "Coats of Many Colors" Mathews

          Hi.I was the guy who created the 3 polls.You see 2 weeks ago I was
          involved in a nasty car crash.So i was stuck in the hospital for a
          week.Last friday when i got home i was catching up on every thing I
          missed here I noticed there were alot of differnet veiw points so
          thats when I decided post some polls.So it was just a curious
          reenactor not the CIA or grade 7 student.

          Jesse
        • Thomas Hurlbut
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 28, 2006
            In responding to this poll, I found that I could only give one answer. Those that know me will attest to the fact that I re-enact US infantry and Royal Navy depending on what is required. How does one let the pollster know that there are many of us who do this?

            Just curious..

            "Major" Tom, US 25th and,

            A/Lt. Tom, RN

          • James Yaworsky
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 28, 2006
              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Hurlbut" <hurlbut8646@...>
              wrote:

              > In responding to this poll, I found that I could only give one
              answer. Those that know me will attest to the fact that I re-enact US
              infantry and Royal Navy depending on what is required. How does one
              let the pollster know that there are many of us who do this?

              > Just curious..
              >
              > "Major" Tom, US 25th and,
              >
              > A/Lt. Tom, RN

              You just did.

              Please note earlier messages on the polls that were placed on the site
              a few weeks ago. They are not "official" group polls.

              The list will from now on require a moderator to approve any proposed
              poll, and list members will be given an explanation of who wants to do
              the poll, and why i.e. the purpose it will serve. At the moment,
              there are no official polls in play in this e-group.

              Regards

              Jim The Moderator
            • Thomas Hurlbut
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 28, 2006
                Oops.. I thought this was an official poll.

                Maybe I shouldn't try to do stuff like this after a night shift?

                I'm off to bed now..

                Tom of the many hats..

              • HQ93rd@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
                  Ahhhh, is this poll a sort of, "Heads I win, and tails you lose" thingy?

                  In a message dated 9/28/06 7:29:45 AM, yawors1@... writes:

                  > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Hurlbut" <hurlbut8646@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > In responding to this poll, I found that I could only give one
                  > answer. Those that know me will attest to the fact that I re-enact US
                  > infantry and Royal Navy depending on what is required. How does one
                  > let the pollster know that there are many of us who do this?
                  > >
                  > > Just curious..
                  > >
                  > > "Major" Tom, US 25th and,
                  > >
                  > > A/Lt. Tom, RN

                  > You just did.
                  >
                  > Please note earlier messages on the polls that were placed on the site
                  > a few weeks ago.  They are not "official" group polls.
                  >
                  > The list will from now on require a moderator to approve any proposed
                  > poll, and list members will be given an explanation of who wants to do
                  > the poll, and why  i.e. the purpose it will serve.  At the moment,
                  > there are no official polls in play in this e-group.
                  >
                  > Regards
                  >
                  > Jim The Moderator

                  93rd SHRoFLHU
                  www.93rdhighlanders.com